Becket and Washington's Community Library
July 30, 2019
After School Program Assistant Teacher (Group Leader)– Part Time
The Dalton Community Recreation Association (CRA) is seeking a highly motivated, professional, caring and hard-working assistant teacher who will provide leadership, supervision, and coordination for the Kittredge and Becket/Washington Elementary Kids Clubs beginning at the start of the 2019/2020 school year. You will have the opportunity to partner with the school, parents, and your team to facilitate learning through passionate delivery of our high quality programs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Well-organized, thorough, and highly reliable/dependable
- Ability to remain calm and maintain a high-level of professionalism and personal and work ethics/integrity at all times
- Assisting Site Coordinator
- Helping with homework and reading
- Giving out snack
- Implementing lesson plans
- Providing overall support for a fun and safe environment for kids to learn and thrive.
- This is a part time position that requires weekday afternoon (approximately 2:30 – 5:30) availability 5 days a week (M-F) beginning August 28, 2019
- Must be at least 18 years old and
- Must meet one of the following:
- Have a Bachelor's or Associate's degree and have three months of experience working with school age children.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent and six months of experience working with school age children including three months of supervised experience at a school age child care program.
- Have nine months of experience with school age children including three months of supervised experience at a school age child care program.
- Ability to successfully pass and maintain criminal background history checks including: CORI, SORI, DCF and Fingerprinting through EEC
- Flexible and demonstrates a passion to work with children in a learning environment.
To apply, send resume to:
Attn: Nickie Erbin
400 Main St
Dalton, MA 01226
apply on Indeed.com
The Dalton CRA is an equal opportunity employer.